How to do a Bicep Curl
- Stand relaxed with your feet shoulder width apart, and knees slightly bent.
- Hold dumbbells in both hands.
- Keeping your elbows close to your body and your shoulders down, gently bend both elbows, lifting the weights towards your shoulders as you do so.
- Slowly lower both dumbbells back to their original positions.
Tips for this exercise:
- Don’t drop the weights back down to your sides. Use controlled movement and descent.
- You can also do this exercise by alternating arms, instead of moving both at the same time.
- Biceps curls are an isolation exercise for your biceps brachii muscles.