Who doesn’t love good crispy fries every now and then?
And while the jury is still debating whether potatoes should or shouldn’t be part of a Paleo diet, well, we just have to find some other substitutes.
And nothing is better than the good ol’ zucchini. This really is starting to become my go-to veggie!
From fritters to faux-pasta this little green bundle of nutrition just keeps on giving!
Check out my sure fire way to get golden crispy zucchini fries without the breadcrumbs, cheese or deep frying.
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Almond flour
- 1 tbs onion powder
- 1 tbs nutritional yeast flakes
- ½ tsp Himalayan rock salt
- 1 tbs ghee or avocado oil
- Preheat the oven to 218 Celsius (425 F)
- Line a baking tray with paper
- Slice zucchini into fries - approx. ½ inch thick
- In a bowl add the almond flour, onion powder, yeast flakes and salt
- In a separate bowl beat the egg.
- Coat the fries in the egg and then flour mixture
- Spread the fries evenly on the baking tray
- Bake in the oven for approx. 15-20 minutes - flipping fries halfway through
- Heat the oil in a frypan
- Fry the zucchini fries for approx. 1 minute on each side or until golden brown
- Serve with your choice of dipping sauce.