Chicken is one of those proteins that you can whip up in a flash and do so many things with. When I need a quick, tasty but healthy meal, grilled chicken is my go-to.
Everyone needs a quick and versatile grilled chicken recipe that consistently delivers great flavour. This healthy and delicious option fits the bill!
The best part about this recipe is the flavours go with just about anything else you want to serve, including grilled garden vegetables, leafy salads or more substantial sides, such as potato or pasta salad.
To save time, you can double or triple this recipe to pull together quick lunches or dinners throughout the week.
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp organic lime zest
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano, rinsed and crushed with fingers to release oils
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, rinsed and crushed with fingers to release oils
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed and peeled
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 8-oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Add the marinade ingredients to a large glass bowl and whisk to combine. Add chicken breasts to a 1-gallon sealable freezer bag and pour marinade mixture over top. Seal back and turn to coat breasts thoroughly.
- Place the bag in a bowl and set in the refrigerator for 1 to 3 hours. Turn the bag a couple times to evenly distribute the marinade.
- Remove chicken from the refrigerator and discard marinade. Grill breasts over medium direct heat, turning once, for 10 – 12 minutes total. Remove from heat and let set for 5 minutes before serving.