I have a friend – who shall remain nameless – that I totally blame for introducing me to Texan Chili (It’s not something we get regularly down here in Australia)
We are now obsessed with it. It is not uncommon for my husband to come home and find TWO slow cookers going, the house filled with warm smokey aromas!
If you have kids who are fussy with veggies – this is a great way to get them in.
If you are not Paleo – knock your self out with the corn chips, cheese and sour cream (I won’t judge)
If you are Paleo with optional dairy (okay that’s me I admit) you can add the cheese and sour cream to serve over zoodles or sweet potato chips.
If you are strict Paleo – well – you know the drill!
Don’t be scared to make this in bulk – we have a freezer with about 12 serves of this stashed away.
Texan Chili is going to be in our lives forever – Damn you Ange.. Oops – did I not keep you nameless?
- 1.5 kg beef mince (preferably grass fed and organic)
- 1.5 kg diced vegetables (celery, onion, carrot, zucchini)
- 1 tin crushed tomatoes (400g)
- 2 tins tomato paste (170 g each)
- 1 tbs hot chilli powder (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp chipotle powder (use cayenne if you can't get chipotle)
- 1 tbs liquid smoke - trust me this makes an incredible difference!
- salt and pepper
- Brown the beef mince.
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker and cook on high for 2 hours.
- Reduce slow cooker to low and cook for another 4 hours
- Serve over zucchini noodles with avocado and a small amount of cheese and sour cream if you tolerate dairy.