- Place 2 dumbbells about shoulder width
- Get into the position like you see in the first image, with arms
- Slowly lower yourself down like when you are doing a regular push-up (image 2).
- Pause, and then bring yourself back into the first
- Repeat as much as you Increase repetitions as you progress.
Tips for this exercise:
- Once you’ve mastered this, you can add more challenge by “rowing the dumbbell.” In order to do this, when you come back to the original position (first image), you lift one dumbbell up. Then do another push up, and then lift the other dumbbell up. There are several videos online that demonstrate this technique
- This exercise works your chest, arms, back, and core.