If you are even remotely following any type of healthy eating regime, then you will be familiar with the concept of vegetable “spaghetti” – in particular zoodles (zucchini sliced into thin curly strips just like noodles or spaghetti. I know in our house we have never eaten so many zucchinis as since we went Paleo!
However, it is a pretty teadious and time consuming job to get all those lovely thin strips if you are using a knife and doing it by hand.
With the help of a vegetable spiral slicer, this task couldn’t be any easier. All you have to do is place a spiral slicer on your kitchen bench, insert a vegetable, crank the handle and you’re done! The vegetable spiral slicer will slice your vegetables into nice, long shreds in no time.
I’ll note here that I’ve tried a couple of different slicers, julienne slicers and mandolin slicers and even then, some of them are hard work. The cone slicers are great for soft veggies like a zucchini – but if you want to slice carrots get ready for an arm workout. I just couldn’t work the julienne slicer and I really thought I was going to lose a hand with the mandolin.
The one slicer I found did the job was the the tri-blade vegetable spiral slicer from Spiralizer. This tool does an even better job than your typical food processor. Find out what it has to offer in terms of features by reading this quick review.
Features of the Spiralizer Tri-Blade Vegetable Spiral Slicer
As its name suggests, the tri-blade Spiralizer comes with 3 blades for slicing vegetables. This allows you to vary the width of your vegetables when shredding. There is a built-in compartment for neatly storing your blades too. The high carbon blades are built with toughness in mind and they can even plow through firm fruits and vegetables like apples, carrots and cucumbers.
In addition to the tough high carbon triple blade construction, the following are more features and benefits to expect from Spiralizer’s tri-blade veggie spiral slicer.
- Heavy-duty construction with suction cups – Spiralizer did not just go out and design a cheap kitchen appliance made with flimsy plastic. The materials used are all heavy duty. Add this feature to the skid-free suction feet that come with the Spiralizer and you have a vegetable slicing appliance that won’t be vibrating all over our kitchen countertop as you crank the wheel.
- Long spikes on vegetable holder – The vegetable holder features long spikes that help to keep your ingredients in place when feeding the Spiralizer.
- 20 Recipe e-Book – Short on recipe ideas for shredding veggies? Well, you are in luck because this appliance comes with a 20-recipe e-book. The recipe booklet is a great addition if you love to cook. It can inspire your creativity and help you make the most out of your new vegetable spiral slicer.
Is the Spiralizer Tri-Blade Vegetable Spiral Slicer Worth Buying?
It’s easy to dismiss the usefulness of this Spiralizer considering that it’s always possible to shred vegetables with a food processor. However, what makes the tri-blade vegetable spiral slicer a must-have kitchen appliance is the fact that it creates uniquely long spaghetti shaped veggies. For dieters who want to replace carbs, this Spiralizer would make a great addition in the kitchen.
- Produces beautifully long spiral cuts
- Heavy duty construction
- Convenient built-in storage compartment for storing your blades safely when not in use
- 21 spikes for holding veggies in place as you spiralize
- Affordable kitchen appliance with life time guarantee
- Complimentary recipe e-book included
- Unlike food processors, the vegetable Spiralizer is hand operated. So, you can still go on with food prep even when power goes off.
- There is no container to capture vegetables and fruit after shredding them. However, you could improvise by putting a bowl at the Spiralizer’s end.
- The Spiralizer operates slower than a food processor. However, it creates the long, noodle like cuts that even a food processor is not cable of producing.
As you can see, the benefits of using this appliance far outweigh its drawbacks. If you also think about it, the tri-blade Spiralizer is a well-built kitchen appliance that gives users true value for money. With this appliance, you can replace the unhealthy choice of traditional spaghetti and carbs with low fat zucchini noodles, shredded salads and veggies, or infuse your meals with the tasty flavor of raw fruits and vegetables. Best of all, Spiralizer covers your purchase with a lifetime warranty and this just goes to show the level of quality to expect from this vegetable spiral slicer.