So you are expecting a crowd over to watch The Game (Game of Thrones – in our case being we are the only ones with pay TV) Time to throw on some delicious snacks… although on second thoughts if you are trying to get rid of them all……
These spicy chicken wings will fly off the plate, and as an added bonus all healthy whole ingredients.
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbs butter
- 3-4 cloves fresh garlic, finely minced
- 1 tbs fresh ginger, finely minced
- 2 tsp chipotle paste (a generic chili paste or Sambal Oelek chilli paste could be substituted)
- 1/3 cup organic maple syrup
- 1/3 cup tamari sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add chicken wings to baking sheet in a single layer, not touching or overcrowding.
- Season wings with salt and pepper, then place in oven.
- Bake until skin is crisp, approximately 45 - 50 minutes.
- About 20 minutes before the wings are done, add garlic and butter to a saucepan and heat over medium heat until garlic becomes translucent.
- Reduce heat to low and add ginger, chipotle paste, honey, soy sauce and vinegar.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes, until the liquid becomes syrupy.
- Transfer the sauce to a glass bowl and add the cooked wings.
- Toss until coated and either serve immediately, or place on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place under the grill for a couple minutes, until brown and bubbly.
- Serve with celery and carrots and ranch dressing.